National Parent Club Canine Health Conference
This biennial event is hosted by the AKC Canine Health Foundation and generously sponsored by the Nestlé Purina PetCare Company. Veterinary student attendance is sponsored by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals and the American Kennel Club.
*Please note that conference registration no longer includes hotel accommodations. To book your reservation under the discounted group rate ($144 per night plus taxes) at the host hotel, the Hyatt Regency at the Arch, please click here or call 888-421-1442. CHF has arranged for discounted transportation to and from the hotel to the airport through GoBestExpress.
Conference Program & Schedule
The conference begins at 1:30 pm on Friday, August 11 and ends at 12:15 pm on Sunday, August 13. The full program and schedule will be made available at a later date.
Speakers and topics include:
- Lymphoma & Epigenetics - Jeffrey Bryan, DVM, PhD, DACVIM-Oncology
- Lymphoma & Flow Cytometry - Anne Avery, VMD, PhD
- Chemotherapy & FortiFlora® - Korinn Saker DVM, PhD, DACVN
- Genetics of Cancer/Lymphoma - Matthew Breen, PhD
- Diet & Rehabilitation - Wendy Baltzer DVM, PhD, DACVS
- Genetic Predisposition to Infections - Urs Giger, DVM, PhD, DACVIM, DECVCP
- Lyme Disease - Jason Stull, VMD, PhD, DACVPM
- Tick-Borne Disease - Ed Breitschwerdt, DVM, DACVIM (*Keynote)
- Ehrlichia & Lymphocytosis - Anne Avery, VMD, PhD
- Canine Cognition - Bill Milgram, PhD
- Genetics of Epilepsy - Gary Johnson, DVM, PhD
- Epilepsy & the Microbiome - Karen Munana, DVM, PhD, DACVIM-Neurology
- Epilepsy & Nutrition - Holger Volk, DVM, PhD, DECVN
- IPFD: Harmonization of Laboratory Genetic Testing for Dogs - Brenda Bonnett, DVM, PhD
- Semen Evaluation, Quality, and Effects of Aging - Stuart Meyers, DVM, PhD, DACT
- Brucella Update - Angela Arenas, DVM, PhD, DACVP
- Pyometra - Marco Coutinho da Silva, DVM, PhD, DACT
New for 2017! Panel discussions with our speakers on:
- Canine Lymphoma
- Tick-Borne Diseases
- Reproductive Diseases
This program will be reviewed by the AAVSB RACE program for continuing education credits. Speakers and schedule are subject to change without notification.
Help Future Generations of Dogs
Participate in canine health research by providing samples or by enrolling in a clinical trial. Samples are needed from healthy dogs and dogs affected by specific diseases.